Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Lovely Day

Today was beautiful in Indiana. The Lillies in my Easter flowers from my amazing husband bloomed early this morning making the day start off wonderfully.



Then my husband and I had a rare day out. Our daughter came over to stay with Mom and we took off (you might have seen our dust flying down the avenue we were in such a hurry!) Off to my favorite place to eat in all time zones, the Olive Garden, and then we shopped.  Penneys, the Mall, Sears, Old Navy, you name it we hit it.  Earl is a shopper. I have always been extremely thankful of that and he is my favorite shopping buddy because if I look at something and say that's pretty or nice, or lovely, he says "Get it babe." Instead of my usual talking myself out of it he insists. He's fun. And generous. And handsome. And. se... Ok moving on.

After our shopping we enjoyed a leisurely drive home where we talked and caught up. It may seem strange that though we are together almost 24/7 we would need time to catch up but when I am home I'm in a constant state of "what does my Mom need" that I rarely destress enough to really just enjoy the talking. Did I tell you I'm thankful for my husband? Well I am.

And it was a lovely day.  When we got home, Earl did some yard work and Jen and I hung out for a bit and went to grocery store together. Then I watched a recap of yesterdays Royal Wedding which I had somehow missed, and smiled. It really was a pretty wedding, and they seemed so in love. I wish them the best.

I had a lovely day. Lovely is my new  go to word, doesn't it sound British? Isn't that lovely, isn't she lovely, what a lovely day. I hope everyone else had one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment