Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Top Five Things I like about My Husband







1. He married me. When you are a young girl dreaming about that perfect guy, what do you see? I saw a dark headed man with blue eyes, until I met Earl and I saw a dark headed man with green eyes. And I knew instantly that I would spend my life with him. Because….he got me. He took all of my crazy and ignored it and loved me anyway. I was young, immature ( I know hard to think that I was immature) and very very spoiled and used to getting my way. But he pushed through all my pushing him away and asked me to be his wife. So yeah, that’s one of my favorite things about my husband, he likes to get his way too.

2. He never ever criticizes me. I burned his food, I burned his army dress shirts, and I liked to read and play with the kids and not do housework. So when he’d come home and dinner wasn’t ready, and the laundry was still in baskets, and I was on the floor reading books to the three munchkins we had, he’d lay down on the floor and listen and then we’d go get hamburgers.

3. He compares himself to Rocky. “Yo Adrian” yes his favorite movie line of all time and I’ve heard it fifteen billion times. The night we got married we watched Rocky II. He struts around flexing his muscles and shadow boxing. “I coulda been a contender” Was that the same movie? Not sure, but Earl doesn’t take himself seriously. He likes to have fun, he likes to make me laugh. And girls if you can find someone who makes you laugh, keep him. I’m keeping my Rocky.




4. He likes to shop. We got married in December. A week before Christmas. So our anniversaries have been spent Christmas Shopping and usually a very nice dinner. We can roam malls and stores together for hours, and the best part is he likes to buy me stuff. He likes to buy himself stuff too, but mostly me.

5. He is the best Dad in the world. We have three children with different interests, but he supported them all three in whatever they were doing. If it meant going to Florida or Missouri to hear Jamie preach a sermon, or sitting through basketball games to watch Jenna cheer, or see Justin wrestle, or do a spelling bee. Earl is there. His kids are his main concern, always have been. He doesn’t like to see them hurt. He will do anything to ease their pain. Even when there is nothing to do, he will sit there and listen. That’s what makes him great. He knows that to be the best Dad you just have to be there.

 

There are many more things I like about my husband, too numerous to name, but here’s the top five. I just needed to write out something that made me feel good. That brought back into focus what life is about really. Love, partnership, support. I’m a blessed woman to have that. And I know it. Life is good.

1 comment: