Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Interim

After getting home from Jamie's wedding we only had three weeks until our daughters, which was at our home church and reception in our town, lots of out of town guest and plans to be made.  And Earl had to have gall bladder surgery in between there. The week before Jenna's wedding he had the surgery which thankfully went well and was out patient. Mom was also still in the nursing home, the doctor was wanting her to stay for more rehab, and since it was a crazy month I agreed though I didn't like it much, and neither did she.

Jenna and Ben were starting to get a little nervous.  They had been wanting the date to rush up on them and suddenly it was here. We had few things left to do, so I was relieved about that. We had such wonderful friends that had helped, Angie and Kayla with the bridal shower earlier in the month that had gotten things kicked off well and really got Jenna in the mood!


And of course we had cake from a wonderful Local baker who also did Jenna's wedding cake



So now the countdown began, five days, three days and then suddenly it was the thursday before and we were at the church decorating. Ben's family had made it in from Missouri and were helping also. Our friends Angie, Kayla, Faye.  Faye was doing the ribbons and bows and I had made some cones for the pews that were not hanging straight. 

Jenna calls that night, the decorating night, my nervous break down.  She's probably right, it kind of seems a blur to me now that I think on it, I was very frustrated with the hanging cones. Ha Ha

But the night ended and we had the reception hall to decorate the next day and the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner to look forward to.  And as I tried to sleep that night I thought my daughter will only be here two more nights.  I won't be getting her up in the mornings any more because she's such a sleepy head.  I won't be walking in and looking at her beautiful face anymore every day.  It was an exciting time for her, and for us, but I couldn't help but remember that quiet little girl who hid behind my legs, and held on to me for dear life.  I was missing her, and wishing we could go back in time and I could kiss her pretty face once more or curl her hair up, but I couldn't, she was now a lovely grown woman....

and she could curl her own hair now :)
Soon she would be

the Bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment