Thursday, March 29, 2012

Being Happy

Today's question is What are the five things that make you most happy right now.

Happy means: delighted, pleased, or glad, as over a particular thing.

I am basically a happy person, don't ask my husband about it, he thinks I'm too sad right now. But it's been a very rough few months, and my smiles aren't as frequent as normal. I had to have a stern talk with myself a couple of weeks ago. I told myself to stop it. I was brooding too much. Crying too much. And all that is normal, I know, with what we have been through, but I was tired of being sad, I was making myself miserable, and as always it took my wonderful husband to see that. It's not that he isn't sad too, but he told me we have to enjoy the time we have. So after my lecture to myself I made a concentrated effort to be happier.

Right now the five things that make me the happiest is.

1. The weather we are having.  I almost feel like the Lord gave us this beautiful March weather to help us see the sun again. He brought spring a little earlier just so we could see new life, get out of the darkness and experience freshness once again. Also he knows I hate winter.

2. My husband. I know I brag on him a lot in this blog. But he always makes me smile. I rarely ever hear a negative word from Earl. He has a bright outlook, even when things are bad. He loves working in the yard, making it beautiful for us. He built me a Rose Garden, he sings to me "I never promised you a rose garden, but I built you one." He likes to sing, which always makes me laugh. He's fun and he's mine.

3. My kids and my kid in laws. I am blessed. And I am so happy that I will get to visit my son and his wife in just a couple of weeks. Jamie is like his dad, likes to sing but can't, and is a happy boy. In fact his favorite song is the Happy Song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAs_qb112ls   Gifty has a light in her that is infectious. Her outlook is so bright and happy I could just hug her all her all day long, and if she senses sadness she says let's pray. Prayer brings peace and Gifty is our gift of peace from the Lord.
When my daughter walks in my door my heart thrills to see her. Even in her grief Jenna has always been concerned with me being alright. She is the one who I can tell my sadness too, and she will understand, and just let me be sad. Women know they just need to listen, and unlike most men it doesn't have to be fixed. Just sitting beside me holding my hand, my daughter makes me happy.  Ben is the rock. He doesn't think he is, but he is. Ben made up his mind to trust God with whatever the Lord has for them, and he doesn't waver in his example of strength, or his faith. He also makes us laugh, because he is so sarcastic. Don't try having a serious conversation with him, he is incapable of having one. :)
and Justin, my sweet precious baby boy. He is young and excited about life. When it seems he is wrapped up in his own life, he can surprise me like saying he would go to the movies with me because no one else would, at midnight, on a day he has had school all day and has to open the next morning, knowing he will get no sleep. and then he did, just because I had to see this movie as soon as it premiered. He makes me happy.

4. My Bella. I saw a quote that said "You don't like dogs?? Enjoy your life with no soul."  Amazing how this dog affects my life. I could not imagine life without my Bella. When we came home from the movies the other night and opened the downstairs door, she came rushing down the steps as if a demon was chasing her, she sidestepped around Justin to jump in my arms like she hadn't seen me in months. We'd been gone just two hours. She makes me happy because she loves me so much. I'm her favorite and I am glad.

5. Knowing that God loves me. I look at people who don't have a relationship with the Lord and wonder how they even get by one day. He brings me peace and contentment. He holds me up when I'm ready to fall. Prayer helps me get through my days, because I know he hears me and shows me in so many ways that he loves me, whether if it's by a friend stopping by to see me or calling to talk, a precious hug from my little Kileigh girl, or a soft gentle warm breeze, I am thankful. Plus he gave us the ocean, my favorite happy place, what a wonderful God we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment