Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day Six- Hardest thing

If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart I'll stay there forever.  Winnie The Pooh


The question for today is "What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced."

Oh.

Well.

I've been through some tough things, losing my Dad, my husband's heart attack at age 36, letting my children grow up and leave me, my Mom's stroke...

but the hardest thing.  Losing David.

I've written about this before. I'm still going through this. I miss that little guy so very much. I would have given up my life just so he could have had his.

Life. Not easy.

We were so ready for David. Our first grandchild. The loss is at times unbearable, and I just want to scream about the unfairness of it all. The question is always at the back of my mind. Why? Why? Why?

No answer ever comes. No answer would even help.

So we go on. Look to the future. Look with hope to the future.

God is good. He sustains me.

And one day I know, I will get to hold him in my arms again, rain kisses down on his head, and tell him once again. MawMaw loves you. I think he knows.

I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment