Monday, March 26, 2012

Here we go...oh oh oh

I just love the sitcom Raising Hope- so their theme song is stuck in my head this morning therefore the title of this post.

My thirty days of writing is on day two and question number 2 is:

  Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears

This is kind of hard for me. I don't have a lot of fears. I don't like mice, but I don't really fear them. Now I guess I kind of fear snakes. But that's just common sense, you should fear something that could kill you right? But then again I don't really fear death. Because I believe in heaven and I believe that if I die on this earth I will be alive in heaven. I'm looking forward to heaven. If I didn't have my faith I may fear death, because what hope would we have then? Just to die and be dead? I'm bordering on morbid today, let's move on.

I do fear losing my kids, and my husband. I do not want to be without them. That's why I have so much pain for my daughter Jenna, because losing David left a big hole in my heart, but I know it hurts her and Ben much more, and I fear for any of my children to feel that pain again. I didn't move on very far did I?

Our life is full of pain and sorrow. But there is joy. My Mom never feared many things. She wasn't afraid of mice, or snakes or being home alone in the dark, so fear wasn't transferred to us kids. My Mom is a brave woman who stood up for herself. I tried to emulate that. I think fear steals joy. I want to be joyful and happy. I want my family to be joyful and happy.

OK. So here is my answer:

Don't be afraid.

Of anything.

and if you are

Conquer your fears. Because life is not meant to be lived in fear.

I never follow the rules on anything. If you know me very long, you will find that out about me. Even answering simple questions cause me to rebel and not answer the questions correctly. :)

I remember my drama teacher in high school telling me "You just can't take authority can you Diane?" and I said "NOPE. LET ME BE ME."

I was kind of a brat.

No comments:

Post a Comment