Saturday, April 21, 2012

Accomplished

The question for today is "What are you five greatest accomplishments?"

1. Graduating. I was the first and only one to graduate High School in my immediate family. My parents were so proud of me. I almost didn't, not because I wasn't good at school, I was, but I had a very cavelier attitude towards it. And we moved so much, and I changed schools so much I was tired of it. But I did, and I was very glad to walk up on the podium and get my diploma. After that I was done, though. :)

2. Raising my kids to be decent, contributing people. They are each special and wonderful, and I have more compliments on my kids than on anything I've ever been complimented on. They each make me proud to be their mother, but of course I didn't do it by myself.

3. Picking the right man. We were young, but we made it work. Twenty-nine years ago I met my husband. I loved him almost immediately. He is a good man, a hard working man, and a very caring man. Of course my example was my Dad. I always had to bring my dates home first, and Mom said as soon as I left with a guy, he'd shake his head and say "boy can she pick them." Until I brought home Earl, he asked him to stay for dinner, that was my cue. My Dad finally approved.

4. I've been through some hell, but I'm still standing. Earl's heart attack, My Dad's death, my Mom's stroke, and then losing sweet David. Go ahead, come at me. God's got my back.

5. My final accomplishment, not quite there yet, is to make an impact on the world with my writing. I know that is my love, and one day soon my career. I'm going to be a writer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment