Friday, April 13, 2012

Strength

STRENGTH - A river cuts through rock, not because of it's power, but it's persistence.  Jim Watkins

Describe 5 strengths you have.

1. I don't back down. I keep plugging on. I remember growing up with a Mother who everyone came to with their problems. If someone needed help they came to Mom. I am like that too. I will try and help. I will do what needs to be done. I have never liked driving, I never ever drove on the interstate, but when Earl had his heart attack and had to be taken to Christ Hosptial, I had no choice. I voiced my  hesitation to my Mother. She said, "You have to do it, so just do it."  When Mom got sick, and everyone was saying she should stay in the nursing home, I thought, NO. A lot of people told me it would be too hard to take care of her at home, I would not be able to do it. I couldn't leave her at the nursing home, so I thought of her words, "You have to do it, so just do it." And I did.

2. My Love for my husband. I was reading an article about the suggestions for Success and the first one was "Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery." That is so true. He makes me strong. He is my backbone. My rock. We have been through whatever life has thrown us and we have survived.  Justin just interviewed us last night for a class he has, asking us each what was the one thing that you need to have a long successful marriage. We both said Trust.

3.   If you are my friend, I'm loyal. I won't talk about you behind your back. I cherish my friends.

4. I'll make you laugh, some how. When tensions are high, we are a jokester family. Laughter helps heal hurt, worry and depression. Life is better with laughter.

5.  I can lift 135 pounds. No problem. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment