Saturday, April 14, 2012

Philadelphia Freedom

I got a break last week. We went to see our son and daughter in law who live in Philadelphia. I've been there before. It's a neat city. Diverse, which is why Jamie likes it so much. He's always love cultured, and different culture especially. We tried Indian food, (Gifty's aunt and uncle) and food from Africa( his pastor and family are from Ghana) and of course the Cheesecake Factory. I feel like I gained twenty pounds, even though we walked and walked. We visited Washington DC. My husband ran up the Philadelphia Museum of Art's steps like Rocky did, (remember I told you he is a Rocky fan) but the best part was just being with the kids. We hadn't seen Jamie and Gifty since Christmas, and that was a hard visit because of losing David. But this was a good visit. I got to hear my son preach the Easter sermon. He is an amazing preacher. I spend hours with my daughter in law, and learned how funny she really is.   I'm very glad both our children have married people with senses of humor. Life is better with laughter. I got to hear my daughter in law sing, beautiful voice. And Earl and I got to be together without interuption. Wonderful carefree memories. I am a firm believer in vacations. Time to unwind and just live differently. It's refreshing. It's needed. Life is good.

I love you kiddos

No comments:

Post a Comment