Monday, April 2, 2012

5 Passions

The question for today is What are five passions you have?

Can you say Doritos?

No but seriously,

1. Family- I'm passionate about my family. My immediate family and my extended family. I am fascinated with what God has given me. I feel like the most blessed person in the world. I have lived an interesting life, and what makes it interesting is the people that are in it. Each so different, but essential. They expand my thoughts. My son James is a contradiction in terms. He is conservative, he is a preacher, a moral compass for me, yet not conservative, he also has a liberal political view which I find exasperating and compelling at the same time. Like I said, contradiction. My niece also has a liberal view and I find it interesting that these two can be raised by such staunch republicans and have such different views. In a way that is a huge compliment to their parents (of which I am one) because we taught them that they can think any way they want, even if it's not the way we think. I am passionate about these people, my family. They are made up of such talent. Every day I'm blown away with their skills.

2. God. He is Love. Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for us. That is the truest form of Love.  Love is passsion. Exactly.

3. Writing- it is a passion. I think any artistic form of expression is passion. It comes from the very heart of people. Writing, drawing, painting, sculpting, acting. Those are our joy.

4. I'm passionate about enjoying my life. So many things have happened to show me that we are not promised tomorrow. Life is not a guarantee. It may end tomorrow, or you may lose someone today. Don't let the little things get to you. Don't allow yourself to become angry with someone or frustrated and never ever let your loved one leave you without a hug, a kiss, or a word of encouragement. I have family that are not speaking to one another, and it breaks my heart. Is it really worth it? What happens if you never see that person again and you have spoken an evil or angry word to them? Thats your last memory, and you have to live with it.

5. The last thing is travel, I want to see the world, with my husband beside me. So many wonderful things out there to experience and enjoy. The peaceful serene atmosphere of the mountains. Foggy mountantops, green pine trees. Fresh air. A hot desert, prickly cactus. Majestic Cathedrals.  And don't even get me started on the ocean. Is there anything more beautiful in nature than the crashing waves of the ocean on a white sandy beach, with the sun shining? Maybe a sunset over the water. Maybe...with my family beside me, it doesn't get any better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment