Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Futuristic Dream

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Eleanor Roosevelt
 

Do you enjoy my 30 day topics? As I write these out, are you thinking about the questions and how they pertains to your life? Have you started writing out your thoughts? If you are, drop me a comment. I would love to hear input.  Today's topic is:

Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years, 15 years?

Five years, I will be 52 years old. That sounds ancient. I actually already think I sound ancient at 47. When did that happen? Where did my years go? I have the scars on my body, and the memories in my head, but sometimes I think I'm still that 16 year old, rebellious, and snotty. I remember thinking at 16 how old 30 sounded, then it came and went. Nevermind 40. But I'm getting off topic. In five years with  the way things are proceeding with Shelby, my youngest son Justin will probably be married, or getting married. That will be a tear filled day, a joyful, happy, but sad day. My baby married. Hopefully Justin will have a good teaching job, James and Gifty will have started their church, and Jenna and Ben will be in a lot less pain than they are in now. Ben will have started his Evangelist Ministry and Jenna will have her degree in Children's counseling, and hopefully be working with her calling.  And I'm hoping a grandbaby or two will be spending their weekends with MawMaw and Pappy.

In ten years Earl and I will be 57. I hope we are looking for vacation homes in Florida. That Earl has his dream job as a Manager, and is satisfied with his work.  And that our house is full of grandchildren, laughing and being loved on.

In fifteen years we will be 62. Ugh. Hoping to be on the edge of retirement, spending winters in Florida, taking our kids and grandkids with us. I think eleven grandchildren, because the total then would be 12 (precious David) and twelve is a good number. :)  I hope my children are happy and fulfilling their life dreams, and their callings, and that I am trusting the Lord and feeling as blessed as I do now.

And I hope our country is out of debt, that we are on the right track again, with prayer back in schools and God is the God of our country like he was meant to be all along. 


No comments:

Post a Comment