Saturday, April 14, 2012

Love is in the Air

I started this blog to record the weddings that took place in 2010. I have finally finished the weddings part of my journal (well one day I'll record Justin's but I'm still hoping that might be a ways down the road). I wrote this poem for Jenna in 2010. I hope she enjoys it.

If you're caught off guard with this post- go back to 2010 and read the befores.  Happy reading.  Diane

Her name though changed
will forever be the same in my heart with one added
Though she leaves the nest and finds her own place to rest
She'll forever be welcomed here
For she is so dear to me

My daughter my friend
May your life truly begin
As you take his hand in your own
Never lose sight of who you are
But give room to his heart
And watch this love blossom and grow

I'll miss you my girl with your blonde little curls
though you are grown and the hair is darker
and your life will truly be changed
  Always know I'll  never be too far away in your world
Love MOM (diane rowland 2010)


The Ceremony was about to start and I only had a very small part to play in it. I was glad of that- I wanted to be the spectator that day and watch it all unfold.   I had been emotional the entire week and still tears threatened but somehow I did hold it together as I walked up with Ben's mother to pour the sand and then took my seat.








 Then the parade of pretty bridesmaids began.



Our Son Jamie asked everyone to rise and our daughter and her father walked down the aisle and tears began for many people. I am biased of course, but never has there been such a beautiful bride.  Her smile was wide and her groom awaited her. She only had eyes for him I think, though all eyes were on her that day.  She almost tripped on her gown walking up the altar steps, but she recovered quickly.




The rest of the ceremony was beautiful, they spoke their own vows which always gets me and they gave roses to the mothers and grandmothers which was some of the most heart warming moments of the ceremony.

A final prayer, Jamie told Ben he could kiss his baby sister.




Then Jamie pronounced them Mr and Midget...a big laugh, a quick recovery, Mr and Mrs. Benjamin Jury and my daughter was no longer my own.




Then it was off to the Reception.




The rest of the day is almost a blur to me. We had a fun reception, with toasts and food and lots of dancing.


First Dance

The dance with her father.


The dance with his mother.

And More fun stuff.






Little Flowergirl Kaycee dancing



 A storm came in strong that night and people started leaving by 10:30. By 11:00 pm Earl and I had the decorations back to the lady we borrowed them from and home to rest. I remember laying there in bed thinking how beautiful the day was, and how glad I was that it was over and maybe just maybe I could relax some.


1 comment: